Follow Us @jadephotographs

May 8, 2011

Mothers day excitement

I have the bestest mother of all times. I wanted her to feel really special. So I took her shopping yesterday for a mother's day make over. All my siblings chipped in and I helped her pick out some really cute new clothes.
and I swore up and down I wasn't going to buy myself anything...but I am a pretend mom to lots of little ones so I splurged hehe
But the very best thing of all was dinner...mmm mmmm mmmm!
Pork roast, mashed sweet potatoes, mashes potatoes(for those that refuse to eat sweet potatoes), salad, broccoli, macaroni salad, flan, & watermelon. 
but the most wonderful part…
the banana cream cheese cake
 recipe…

Ingredients

20 vanilla sandwich cookies
¼ cup margarine, melted
24 oz cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
3 eggs
¾ cup mashed bananas (about 2)
½ cup whipping cream
2 tspn vanilla extract 

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Place cookies in a blender; process with on/off pulse until finely crushed.

Add margarine; process with pulses until blended. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of 10" springform pan; refrigerate.

Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add sugar and cornstarch; beat until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, whipping cream, and vanilla. Pour cream cheese mixture into prepared crust. Place pan on cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes.

Reduce oven temperature to 200°F (DO NOT forget to reduce temperature - very important) and continue baking 75 minutes or until center is almost setbsp Loosen edge of cheesecake; cool completely on wire rack before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate cheesecake, uncovered, 6 hours or overnight.

Allow cheesecake to stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.

Happy Mother's day!

No comments: