Follow Us @jadephotographs

March 12, 2013

Tú has cumplido un año más.

For like a week before Pacer's  Birthday I had the primary song in Spanish stuck in my head, "Tú has cumplido un año más" Its a birthday song. I was motivated to do something fun for Pacer's birthday. My mom and I had purchased Pacer a pool membership, cause my husby loves to swim. So I bought him a towel and swim trunks and instead of just wrapping them up and handing them over to him. I decided to make him work for it. So I sent him on a little scavenger hunt. 




Unfortunately Pacer never got the next clue. So I had to help him. But he also figured out by the gifts where to go next. So he met a lovely bouquet of balloons and pie at the pool. 
 



We ate our Sandwich Express and then swam for an hour or so. 
We had a wonderful afternoon together. We had a family dinner on Sunday. I made a really yummy lasagna. Sorry no pics. I also made a really delicious oreo cookie dessert. Pacer finished it off before I could get a pic. But it was so good.
Recipe Below…
  
Oreo Cookie Dessert

Ingredients
  •   1 box instant chocolate pudding mix
  •   1/4 cup powdered sugar
  •   1 package Oreo cookies, divided,crushed (save 3/4 C.)
  •   8 ounces cream cheese
  •   1/2-1 cup butter or margarine
  •   1 can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
  •   16 ounces Cool Whip
  •   2 cups milk
Instructions
  1. pour crushed cookies in 9x13 glass dish.
  2. melt butter, pour over cookies.
  3. mix 1/2 of the cool whip, cream cheese and powdered sugar, spread on top.
  4. mix pudding with milk and eagle brand, beat until thick, spread on top.
  5. spread on other 8 oz.
  6. cool whip.
  7. sprinkle with left over cookies.
  8. refrigerate over night

No comments: