Follow Us @jadephotographs

May 20, 2013

Our Purpose in this life

A common question…
Most people wonder what our purpose in this life is. We see tragedies every day like the most recent tornado to hit Oklahoma. What a horribly sad thing to happen to innocent children, families, animals, & others who were effected. As I study the scriptures this night my heart goes out to those who have lost the lives in the storm. *Our purpose in this life is to have joy and prepare to return to God's presence. In this life we are subject to a physical death because we have mortal, imperfect bodies. If it wasn't for the Savior Jesus Christ's sacrifice for each of us, death would end all hope of future existence with Heavenly Father.* –Preach my Gospel
 
Recently I heard a talk by a fellow blogger Kathryn Thompson of daringyoungmom.com. She gave a really amazing talk about being awesome every day. She titled it drops of awesome click here to read it   How simple it is to do a tiny bit of awesome every day. You can chose the things in your life that make you happy. You can't however chose the challenges those come from the Lord. We shouldn't beat ourselves up for the little things we do wrong or forget to do. I am especially hard on myself I am a bit of an overachiever as well as a sufferer of OCD (self proclaimed of course). But I am trying to let go of those feelings and do something, anything every day
For example I put away all the dishes in the dishwasher and added some dirty ones. There still is a pile there to wash, but I will work on those another time. But seriously that was like 5 drops of awesome, cause I hate doing dishes. 
I feel like we can't sit around wishing for a better tomorrow. I believe that we should enjoy each day. 
 

President Dieter F. Uchdorf said, "The very moment you begin to seek your Heavenly Father, in that moment, the hope of His light will begin to awaken, enliven and ennoble your soul. As we seek to increase our love for God and strive to love our neighbor, the light of the gospel will surround and uplift you."

I believe that with all my heart why waste time worrying about yesterday or tomorrow and focus on what you have right now. I am not perfect of course and I have my struggles with sitting down and studying the scriptures every day. But I know that when I do I feel my Savior's love and I get to know Him better. 

A wonderful example happened today, Christian came downstairs, dressed and ready for school. I fixed breakfast for the kids and then sat down with them to talk about the days activities. Christian had brought the Book of Mormon with him to the table. He proceeded to tell me about how is reading the Book of Mormon. (right I should mention he is 6) He was so excited about it. He wanted to take it to school and read it there. I don't know if he made it out the door with his trusty Book of Mormon. But he taught me a simple lesson. You can read the Book of Mormon where ever you are and not be afraid to share your testimony.

Don't give up, tomorrow is a new day. Be awesome today and be awesome tomorrow. 

     
   

No comments: