- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 4 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 6 ounces egg noodles, cooked following pkg directions
- Steamed broccoli (optional)
Directions1. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, milk and 1/4 tsp each of the salt and pepper. Form into 16 meatballs.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat with nonstick cooking spray. Add onion and cook 2 minutes. Combine broth and flour; add to skillet. Bring to a simmer. Add mushrooms, meatballs and remaining 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Cook 12 minutes, turning meatballs once, until temperature reaches 160 degrees . Stir in sour cream and dill off heat.
3. Serve with noodles and, if desired, steamed broccoli.