Pork Chops with an apple sauce & a side of Sweet Corn Tomalito
I melted 2 tbsp of butter and a splash of olive oil into a pan then I added the 2 salted & peppered pork Chops to the melted butter. I let it cook through, then removed the chops when they were cooked through. I diced up a fuji apple and added it to the drippings. Then I poured in some apple juice, apple cider vinegar, a dash of salt. and some honey. I let it boil for a few minutes and then returned the pork with whatever juice was left. Cover it and let it simmer for 20 min, turning the chops at the 10 minute mark. I served with apples and sauce on top with a side of the sweet corn tomalito.
Sweet Corn Tomalito
- 5 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/4 cup masa (corn flour)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. milk
How to make
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the butter, masa, and sugar using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. About 1 minute.
- In a blender, blend half of the corn kernels with the water until smooth.
- Combine this mixture with the butter mixture, stirring well.
- Add the remaining corn kerrnels, corn meal, baking powder, salt and milk and mix well.
- Preheat oven 300 degree F. Place covered dish in a larger roasting pan filled with so water is 3/4 of inch up side of baking dish. Bake for 40 min.