Follow Us @jadephotographs

May 28, 2014

Lake Tahoe: The Search for Ancestors

Lake Tahoe: The Search for Ancestors

What a busy day.We got up early had breakfast and headed down to Foresthill to visit Grandma and Grandpa. It snowed up and over the mountains, but by the time we got down the mountain it had warmed up. We spent the morning chatting with the grandparents, then headed to Auburn for our In-N-Out burgers and shakes. 
I have been having fun doing our family history and I have been stuck for a few months on one particular name and at last I was going to see the family Bible. 
It was really cool to meet a cousin I had never even heard of until I started the research. She had many stories, photos and she also gave me a beautiful tea pot that belonged to my great great grandmother Sarah McMahan. 

It was such a good day. It has lit the fire once again to get to work on family history. 

We wrapped up the evening with a dip in the hot tub and a game of Mexican Train dominoes. Mom was the big winner of the night. 
 


























No comments: